26 June, 2007

Mommy and Daddy...

I am at my parents house... I love doing things for them... I fixed the dishwasher and it was sooo funny/cute what my mom said.. she was whispering, while my Dad was in the other room "thank you thank you thank you" Which was easily interpreted as, "Your father always says he will get to it, but in all actuality, he is not well and is never going to get around to the dang thing... So, THANK YOU!"

My father isn't the type to call a handy man, he is pretty handy himself but he is getting older and more is in poor health... I think it would just be crappy for him if he had to call one, like "great, now I have to admit that I can not do it...". I love him dearly. Instead I will continue to keep coming around and take interest in the deficiencies of the house... I realize, from my Mom's reaction that it is good for her, I know its a weight off my Dad's shoulders as well, he just wouldn't admit it... Silly Dad... How amazing that I have such wonderful parents to serve... I really loved talking to Afife about our responsibility to our parents a couple months back... It really helped me see things the right way... I owe that woman a lot for her great friendship. I now know better how to love my parents in action.

I can see Baha'u'llah working in my life EVERY day... I am reading Selections from the Writings of the Bab... Amazing... morn and eve, unless there is another book from the writings closer and I am really tired :-)

Tests are easier to pass when you focus on what you are supposed to focus on... they seem to simply disappear... I am regulating my need to be a dummy by replacing it with service, and prayer, and creating deeper friendships. I love it. It is me... The one I always knew was inside...

Thanks God.

No comments: