22 March, 2009

Post Fast blues...

I don't know if it is the eating during the day now, or not saying Fasting prayers with Cindy each morning, or just something I have made up in my mind, but I sure am feeling
pretty wiped out by the Fast or maybe I am feeling wiped out by still having
to deal with the tests that came up during Fast, while I am not fasting
anymore... huh... Yeah I think it is the second one. Yeah, I do.

And don't get me wrong...
I am not talking about the physical side of
the fast, that was fine, and I feel good about
being able to drink water in the morning,
even if it is after sunrise!! But for some
reason I seem to "got the blues".


Yesterday I hung out with amazing people,
hands down. I had a great time at a children's
class. There were many prayers said at the two
devotionals I went too... All in all, there was no
reason for me to not be SUPER HAPPY
even if I were to just rate my day on the PeOpLe
I was around!!

Oh well, guess I'll just chalk it up to being "post Fast blues".

The blessing I am pointing too in this blog you ask?

Blessing # 783,456,322-
The ability to reason
and realize why I am
feeling a certain way.

Now that I have written this, I realize that I need to make sure to not just stop with the intensity of my prayers just cause it isn't Fast anymore... Maybe I need to schedule in some time for God, ALL THE TIME... learning better to recognize Him in all others.

I have to admit, there is a certain part of me
which is also really exhausted by having a
long distance relationship for these past 6
months. I am excited that Cindy is coming
home soon! That makes me happy, but
man-oh-man it has been a long road that
we have had to take by virtue of the fact
that she had this job in France and we didn't
have any other choice. All in all, I am totally
glad we had the time apart for certain
personal growth that we both had that
may have not been accomplished otherwise...

I digress. These are my thoughts.

PLEASE COMMENT and let me know your thoughts.

Maybe you have "post Fast blues"?

Maybe you have in the past?

Let me know.

2 comments:

jessiqua9 said...

That was beautiful. Truth, with no resistance. A fair (justice) look at what is, with no judgment. AWESOME:D What an incredibly solid foundation to grow upon!

clyde said...

34 days and counting...I'll be able to say prayers with you in the USA!!!