06 October, 2009

And then there were friends...

# 1 blessing for today: I called Mom today. We talked.
It was good. She is such a source of encouragement.

# 2 blessing for today: Facing hard truths. Met them head on. Wrote some things to someone that I needed to say, then deleted them right after, cause even though I needed to say them, they weren't really things that I truly know that person needed to hear.

# 3 blessing for today: Emotions. I tried to cry a
little bit cause I felt like I was a little overwhelmed from last
nights events on my previous blog entry, but then I realized
I feel like I do best when I am honest with myself and let
myself be strong. I feel like something somewhere tells me
that I am not supposed to be "able to handle" hard situations
or something, not true. I have been through some shit (sorry
for swearing mom), I will say that for real, and I have really
grown from it. At some point you have to start giving yourself
a little friggin' recognition for the stuff you have seen and the
growth that has come from it, and allow yourself to be the
strong person you have become, CAUSE YOU ARE! I won't
lie- that felt really good to write.

# 4 blessing for
today: Great friends/
great times. I am so happy
that I can be such good friends
with Cindy, even though we are
not in a relationship anymore.
I am happy she came over
tonight and hung out,
she is a really great friend
to have. I am also happy that
Emily, my sister, has been up in
the cities a couple of times now in
the past couple of weeks, she is really
great- totally love that she is my sister
(thanks God). Also, Marjan, who is a
totally hilarious, great person who
is blunt and honest, but knows
when to show her loving,
kind heart. Fano- this guy
came over too, great friend,
hands down. So great. So
fun. So loving. Dominique,
what a light in anyones life!
Seriously! I was so pumped
that she could come over
on such short notice.
And of course there was
Shannon, my roommate.
I love this guy! I think he is so
insightful, rare, and genuine.
A friggin' ball of laughs too!
So glad he moved here from
Chi-town to grace us with
his presence! Then after all
those great people, the cherry
on top? Roshan, of course! He comes
to town every week for a couple days of
class and crashes at our place here and
there, I love when he is able too, what a
great friend. I love being able to talk to him,
hear about his life. Tonight we watched "I Love
You, Man" together- great time! Great group of friends!
Best part, I have so many other friends up here, by the grace
of God, that I didn't get to see tonight that are just as much as
beautiful and part of my life! Hope to see you all soon!

# 5 blessing for today:
My bed. I loved coming in my
room to finish this entry tonight,
such a comfortable bed.

Such a great home.

I am truly blessed.

Truly.



No comments: