15 April, 2008

Reflections on Teaching with Anna's Presentation II

Here we go.

Great time. Today Marjan and I went out for a couple of hours, and although we did encounter an individual who was hurt and angry by life, the next substantial meeting with a man in a park was AWESOME. He was Native American and talked about how he just is kinda "neutral" on religious stuff. We talked with him in a great conversation for a while, in which he invited us to a pow-wow (sweeeet), and then Marjan delivered Anna's Presentation.

I love watching someone
else do this presentation.
It is so amazing to see someone
else teach about the Baha'i
Faith. Cause you know how
you would do it if it was you,
but to see someone else
get really into it is so great!


--Random thought--

I love the idea of the "medicine wheel" in Native culture. To me I like to think of it as the bringing together of all the colors and cultures of people into one "hoop", one way that will heal the world (maybe one universal cause, one common faith?)

Back to teaching...

So, now I have a POW-WOW
(its about 1/3 of the way down
on the link page)to
attend on the 10th and 11th!!!
So excited! SOO excited! Maybe
at the event we will meet some
folks to talk about the Faith too,
or just experience their culture
with them. He was so inviting
and said it was for all people...
Awesome.


Later we went to Pouderhorn Park at like 36th st and 13th Ave. It was cool, we saw one of Marjan's old classmates who she got to re-connect with and a bunch of kids she was with that were showing us how to dance to "Soldier Boy". What is it with kids and this song? We need to get them some different Hip Hop. NOW.

Oh, and we sat to a man who spoke Amharic, so he wasn't down to chat because of the barrier of language. I asked him if he knew of Baha'u'llah, and he said he was from Ethiopia. Then I said the name of the Jesus, then the Prophet Mohammad, then Baha'u'llah, and he just shrugged like "I don't know what you mean". But we could agree that it was a glorious day, and Marjan and I were on our way...

Then we finished up with some lovely snacks from a local Dairy Queen.
---------------------------

Marjan always likes to say the Tablet of Ahmad before we go teaching... Amazing prayer! I love that...

It is such a powerful prayer... Such a great way to remember to allow people to accept or reject what you offer, and leave it at that...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The more I think about today, the happier I feel! I had such a great time and I'm lucky to be spending time with you
-Marjan

Anonymous said...

Hi thr, thanx a lot for this artile .. This was exactly what I was looking for.